It is Website of the non-profit organization located in the US, which provides information for open source softwares and hardware used in embedded designing. It was developed with the efforts of various talented persons and several employees of Texas Instruments to support the open source software’s and hardware to create powerful embedded devices. Digi-Key, a major international distributor, provides funding to its original production. Its popular boards beaglebone black used for different embedded projects. The first five BeagleBoard.org designs (BeagleBoard, BeagleBoard-xM, BeagleBone, BeagleBone Black and BeagleBoard-X15) were executed by Gerald Coley, co-founder of EmProDesign. All designs are open source and available for everyone.
Six Criteria to evaluate this website are given below:
· This website is authorized by beaglebone.org non-profit organization, which is working for providing open source information of softwares and hardware used in designing of embedded systems. This website has articles regarding different beaglebone boards.
· It shows proper name and address of organization founder and co-founder
· .org is a non-profit organization, but major distributors fund it.
· The website has proper contact information including names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses.
· All articles and links are up to date and updated by jkridner.wordpress.com
· All contents on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license
· jkridner.wordpress.com is blog page of Jason Kridner, community manager at Texas Instruments provide support and development of the BeagleBoard.org project.
· All links are properly working.
· All articles and information are well written and organized by using different fonts and images.
· The website is well-researched and cited by professionals in related fields.
· Texts are free from errors and grammatically correct.
· All documents and contents are related to beaglebone boards.
· All contents are well documented and understandable.
· The main objective of this website is to provide open source information about softwares and hardware related to the design of embedded systems using various low-cost beaglebone boards.
· It provides proper information regarding beaglebone boards like configurations of boards, manuals for software’s and hardware’s, how to install software on beaglebone boards and use them.
· All passionate individuals and several Texas Instruments employees are interested in creating open source and powerful embedded devices.
· The website is reliably accessible from a computer and mobile devices.
· The website organization is logical and easy to maneuver.
· There are different kinds of readily identifiable; accurate, workable links are available on the homepage to access various web pages.
· All the contents and information are written logically and clearly at a level that is readable by all viewers.
· This website can be very useful for the students who are going to design projects related to embedded systems using the beaglebone board as it provides all kinds of information regarding various types of beaglebone boards.
· Most of the web pages are informational web pages regarding different embedded hardware and softwares.