Institut für Erziehungswissenschaft:
Bystander bei Cyber-Mobbing. (n.d.).
Retrieved December 12, 2017, from http://www.tu-berlin.de/?id=113957
of physical violence (cyberthreat)
harassment and persecution (cyberstalking)
publication of degrading photos/videos (happy slapping)
under a false name, identity theft (impersonation)
Spreading rumors (denigration)
provoking, insulting (flaming)
Forms and concept of cyber-bullying,
Young people reported:
of the Technical University of Berlin: ,,Bystander von Cybermobbing”
Are Children being bullied through Social media?
O’Keeffe, G. S., Clarke-Pearson, K., & Media, C. O. (2011, April
01). The Impact of Social Media on Children, Adolescents, and Families.
Retrieved December 20, 2017, from
Network (RCN); jurisdiction=Commonwealth of Australia; sector=non-government.
(n.d.). Social media for children and teenagers. Retrieved December 12, 2017,
December 12, 2017, from
The dangers of social
networks. (n.d.). Retrieved December 12, 2017, from
Lauren B. Stevens in Waltham, MA. (2015, June 25). 5 Dangers of Social Media to Discuss With Your Kids.
Retrieved December 12, 2017, from
9. Facebook Depression: Those affected are at risk for
social isolation and sometimes turn to risky Internet sites.
8. Sexting: Many of these messages become distributed
rapidly via cell phones or the Internet.
7. Browser Games: Those are designed to make people
spend real money.
6. Inappropriate Content: Social networks are full of
content that might be inappropriate for your child.
5. Fraud, Phishing, Malware: The cybercriminals use direct
messages or posts containing a malicious or phishing link.
4. Cyberbullying: Today’s bullies have a whole new
world open in front of them, the WWW
3. The staying Power of Social Media: Whatever you put out there is
2. Over sharing information: revealing too much information on
social media, gives ammunition to strangers with bad intentions.
1. Stranger Danger: Social Networks are filled who
seek ways to connect with children.
Here are dangers of
Social media you’ll want to talk about with your kids: